Thursday 5 August 2010

My Thoughts

6/Aug/2010
Myself & The Patch Work / Hand Craft World - Part 1
Patch Work / Hand Craft ! I see it differently in differrent stage of my life.

I was in elementary school when i first came across patch work, my grand mother and one of the neighbour was using all the old and left over fabric to make into floor mat and blankets, at that age i just knew that those blankets were very comfortable to use but never pay any attention on how it was made.

When i was sent to oversea in Singapore for my high school education, i was too excited to explore the other side of the world, and patch work was not in our favorite list during that age.

After that, i went into college back in Malaysia and proceed into the realistic world of career industry, those 15 to 18yrs were spent in an aggressive and stressful environment. At that time which was after i had achieved certain status in my career, patch work or hand craft items were some beautiful souvenirs for me to buy and keep or give away to friends, but those items that i came across were all machine made with the concept of patch work, i did not feel any difference of machine made or hand made as long as the price is reasonable, the cheaper the better.

I also started to pay attention to those European Patch work which they hand made for decoration on the wall, some in colorful combination in big area, but it cost so much until i cannot understand the reason of people still interested to buy for decoration.

After resigned from the long served company and the heavy burden post, i changed my lifestyle from stressful to relax. My priority setting had changed totally from working to managing the house and health.

No comments:

Post a Comment